Frank R. Lopes, Jr. (Ricky), CPA, is a Partner with HIL Consultants. He specializes in public school finance management. Lopes retired in mid-2015 from his position as Associate Superintendent for Business Operations for Cumberland County Schools. He has over 30 years of experience in public school finance administration, and has demonstrated an ability to maximize the use of all revenue sources for the benefit of the school system.
Ricky Lopes has been the featured discussion leader for various classes and has made presentations to groups including the General Assembly, school board members, central office administrators, principals and teachers. He has also taught classes for the North Carolina ASBO Finance Academy and Methodist for District Leaders and Boards of University.
- Multi-year Recipient of the Award For Financial Excellence in Reporting from the Association of School Business Officials International
- Recipient of the Award for Financial Achievement in Reporting from the Governmental Finance Officers Association
- Recipient of the Public Schools of North Carolina Recognition of Achievement Award
- Honored with the Lou Thompson Award from NCASBO
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Past President and member of the North Carolina Association of School Administrators
- Past President and member of the North Carolina Association of School Business Officials
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Director for the Southeastern Association of School Business Officials (SASBO)
- Member of board of directors for various local charitable nonprofit organizations.
Accreditations and Licenses
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration Concentration in Accounting, East Carolina University
- Licensed as Certified Public Accountant in North Carolina