Minnie Forte-Brown is nationally recognized for public school advocacy and for board of education leadership. President of the NC School Boards Association, officers of the National School Boards Association and the Council of Urban Boards of Education, university professor, and other management roles are included on her extensive resume.
Forte-Brown was elected to the Durham Public Schools Board of Education in 2004 and served as a member and in vice-chair and chairperson positions until 2020. She taught at NC Central University during her career. Her statewide experience includes an appointment to the NC Council of the Status of Women and the NC Gang Advisory Task Force. She is a co-founder of the East Durham Children’s Initiative.
· Member, President-Elect, and President, NC School Boards Association
· Officer, National School Boards Association
· Officer, Council of Urban Boards of Education
· Bachelors in Speech/English; Master’s in SpeechPathology and Audiology
· Order of the Long Leaf Pine, NC’s Highest Honor
· Numerous awards for community service
· Presentations to school boards, commissioners,and education leaders statewide and nationally