Glenda Jones most recently served as the assistant superintendent of human resources and communications for Cabarrus County Schools (CCS). In this role, she served as senior personnel administrator for the 8th largest school district in North Carolina with approximately 4,000 employees and 43 schools. Jones served as primary personnel investigator, employee conflict mediator, and facilitated professional development.
Prior to joining CCS in 2014, Jones served in Lee County as the assistant superintendent of human resources, public information officer, building administrator, and teacher. She completed her undergraduate degree at Black Hills State University in South Dakota. She earned a master’s degree at the University of North Carolina-Pembroke and completed post graduate studies at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.
She is a past president of the North Carolina Association of School Administrators (NCASA), North Carolina Alliance for School Leadership Development (NCASLD),and the Personnel Administrators of North Carolina (PANC). Jones also served on the North Carolina Superintendent’s Task Force for Teacher Recruitment, Retention, and Credentialing and was appointed by the North Carolina Senate in 2017 to serve on the Professional Educator Preparation and Standards Commission (PEPSC).
· 2018 NCASA Raymond Sarbaugh Leadership Award
· 2012-2013 Local and Regional NCAEOP Katrina V. Miller Administrator of the Year
ProfessionalMemberships and Affiliations Include
· Past President/Board of Directors North Carolina Alliance for School Leadership Development (NCASLD)
· Past President/Board of Directors North Carolina Association School Administrators (NCASA)
· Past President, Personnel Administrators North Carolina (PANC)
· Member, North Carolina Association School Business Officers (NCASBO)
· Member, American Association School Personnel Administrators (AASPA)